***GLAMOR'LUSH', FABU'LUSH', ADVENTUR'LUSH', 'LUSH'OUS STATE OF LIVING! SIMPLY 'LUSH'!***

***Identifying 'lush'ousness everyday, everywhere!***

***

'LUSH'--Luscious--richly satisfying to the senses or the mind.


Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Bit of Humor to Ease the Pain.

This past year, we (my family) purchased a home, renovated, and moved in within 6 months. Our new home has the standard remodeled kitchen, baths, updates and add-ons. I was eager to begin this process, and just as eager to end it.  By the time we actually took possession of our home, I was mentally worn out, and still faced the challenge of finishing the remainder renovations. I shudder to think of ever taking on an even bigger project, especially with a time constraint, within a budget, while holding down jobs, and keeping school age kids on task, while trying to be successful at making the right investment, as well as, decorative pleasing decisions, for the house.

Now that I've made it this far, I can sit back and laugh at being an over-achiever, over-thinker, and big dreamer.  This "someecards" quote definitely made me chuckle. We dream BIG, and then, the work begins, sometimes causing us to lower our "wants" and expectations, once we realize the dream isn't bringing the intended joy. So, with that being said.......................

















For me, Pinterest is CRAZY FUN!!!!


Sharing my own pinterest 
'LUSH'. LIFE. STYLE. Richly satisfying to the senses or mind! Exhilarating or calming, extravagant or simple! 'LUSH' is in the eye, and heart, of the beholder!

as well as

Stylemindchic Life! The Blog and Boutique (online) Curated Gift Collections (for you or someone you love!) *sparkle*fashion*home*ambiance*spa*travel*men*

and

Live laugh learn listen read decorate dress eat entertain ... with style. Kick off your leopard heels and join the fun. Brought to you by designer and writer Doreen Creede.

and

                                               
Happy Pinning!!
xo

9 comments:

  1. Shelly dear~I am so happy I discovered this post-just as I was pinning your blog link onto my 'blog crushes' Pinterest board. My friend, you have gone through just about as many changes as possible in the last year. I have loved seeing your gorgeous photos of the process of designing your new home. Each step has been so exciting to see. Your design, your style and generous heart are inspiring in this blog world. I love your e-quote. Isn't it true? In the midst of a project like yours it seems it is so encoumpassing. There is much inspiration all around. Your boards and your style inspire me girlfriend! Thank you for your sweet links to my boards. Can't wait for more on your designs my lovely friend! xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I couldn't have made it this far, without our social media family, and my sisters. Thank you for pinning me as a "blogcrush". If you don't mind, I may copy you and do the same. Honestly, I do have crushes on particular blogs, too. Thank you my sweet and precious counselor. : ) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Yes you've been so busy Shelly l bet this year has absolutely FLOWN for you... hopefully now you should be able to at least on occasion retreat to your dream home and reflect on a job well done. l love your somecard it's so true. l always think if l win lotto l'm gonna have ten houses and spend the rest of my life flying round the world decorating them. Selfish cow that l am haha!! Wishing you a totally fabulous weekend my friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bron, you make me laugh. Selfish? I think not. You are warm and talented. I am always in awe of your crafty and artful talent!! I hope you do win the lotto. I want to know someone who does. And, I hope when you do, you will still take the time to converse with me 'cause I want to know how it feels, and what adventure of decorating you will indulge in next. : ) xoxo

      Delete
  3. My dream home would be quite like this card as well!! I have lots and lots of things that I've pinned, I somehow have to slim them down to a manageable size. You have been very busy, but I hope the new home ends up being a wonderful place for you once it's done and you can find time to rest and relax too :))) Have a gorgeous weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Timbarika! I sometimes want to "slim down" my pinterest, too, but that would be another task in itself that I'm just not willing to undertake, being that I have such a huge accumulation. I will just enjoy what I have on my boards, and be thankful that it is not actually real. Ha! You have a gorgeous weekend too. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I just want to say, wow...I don't know how you gals find the time to do all that pinning. Shelly when you finally get the chance to meet all these beautiful blog friends of yours, I am going with you. (Which unless you have one big girl sleep over at your fabulous house.) I want to meet them too. I read all their blogs and yours...I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elisabella! I would love to meet them all. I have it on my bucket list. As for time to PIN? Well, it take about 10 minutes to accumulate a MULTITUDE of pins. So, over time, that really adds up. It's fun. It tweaks my brain, and cultivates my tastes. I love you too! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the share, Shelly! (Sorry, I am just seeing this.) You have a great and very well deserved following on Pinterest -- I know I always like to take a peek at your picks.

    ReplyDelete