***GLAMOR'LUSH', FABU'LUSH', ADVENTUR'LUSH', 'LUSH'OUS STATE OF LIVING! SIMPLY 'LUSH'!***

***Identifying 'lush'ousness everyday, everywhere!***

***

'LUSH'--Luscious--richly satisfying to the senses or the mind.


Monday, March 18, 2013

A Royal Welcome!

I had my heart set on a particular chandelier but the price was just a bit more than I wanted needed to pay. It had the look of a jeweled crown! It was simply gorgeous, and I thought it would've been grand in my entrance. With a bit of time passing, and steady hunting, I found this for $20! The top ornamentation looks similar to a crown. I feel the same splendor for this crown jewel, as the one I originally passed up. Now my guests can feel royally welcomed!

































The royal accompaniment of the crowned entrance fixture was
$10, but makes the hall ambiance feel like a million.
















I don't know if I am brave enough (or if my husband would flip) but this entrance is seriously an inspiration for me! I love my chandelier as much as this particular one (plus, I don't have a 18ft ceiling clearance). I have the same front door design. And, the color of the walls is so joyous (swank, too) that I can't imagine guests wouldn't feel overwhelmingly happy (glamorous) when entering! Just thought I'd share. I wished the completed project was posted. I'm dying to see it in it's glory!

via Hollywood Forever, Kevin
























I know my posts are a bit repetitive in content, but for me it's a journey and every addition, find, or accessory will be noted. It's a process that I am journaling. Thank you for sharing in it with me. xox


Happy day to all of you! xo

10 comments:

  1. what a fab find!! love it! gorg! and $20 WOW!
    are you on instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy!!! Thank you!!! But, I'm not on instagram yet. That is my next venue!!! xo

      Delete
    2. WOW! Chandelier is Exquisite!
      You find the most incredible pieces.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Anonymous, but if it weren't for my amazing treasure hunter pardner, I wouldn't be as quick to the draw! Have a treasure of a day! xo

      Delete
  2. Well done you...that is such a great find!! I love the bright pink walls in the bottom pictures, I think you should do it...you love the colour and others do, so why not!?! I think it's marvellous and bold and would make any space happy and welcoming :)) I hope you are well petal & having a great week so far!! If I lived closer, I would come over & help paint, ha :)) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Timbarika, if we lived closer we would be great pals! You, and my other blogger friends, have such great artistic talent!!! Thank you for the heart-felt offer!! And, thank you for loving what I'm doing so far!!xoxo

      Delete
  3. Shelly...don't even THINK your posts are repetitive, they're so NOT...l'm having so much fun sharing this journey and l'm sure everyone else is as well. Your new chandy and crown were an incredible buy and are perfect for the space. l also love the hot pink walls of your inspiration hallway, and if you decide to go for it remember it's only paint and can just as easily be painted over if you tire of it..Any way keep us posted on what you decide, you have great taste so l know it'll look awesome whatever you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bron, it means so much to have such wonderful support from my talented blogger friends! I am gearing up to dive into the paint color. I found the actual color, it's Benjamin Moore's Royal Flush!!! How's that for a royal name? HA!! Thank you for hanging in there with me!!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Shelly~I think your new royal chandelier is smashing! I viewed the Crown Jewels in London just a couple of months ago and I promise it fits right in! :) I am appreciating each step, each reveal of your new project-keep 'em coming.
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I use that phrase, too--"keep 'em coming"!!! I love it!! Thank you for sharing my enthusiasm!! xoxo

      Delete