***GLAMOR'LUSH', FABU'LUSH', ADVENTUR'LUSH', 'LUSH'OUS STATE OF LIVING! SIMPLY 'LUSH'!***

***Identifying 'lush'ousness everyday, everywhere!***

***

'LUSH'--Luscious--richly satisfying to the senses or the mind.


Friday, June 17, 2011

My DAD.

My dad.
Smiled when you entered the room everyday.
Said "I love you and bless you" every day.
Gave hugs everyday.
Would give his last dollar to you any day.
Opened his home to love and feed others everyday.
Played gorgeous music everyday.
Took care of his roses everyday.
Believed in justice and protection everyday.
Spoke with God everyday.
Asked God for forgiveness everyday.
Was there to answer the phone jovially everyday.
Could sit and talk about, just about, everything any day.
Loved good food everyday.
Was proud of my mother's Italian heritage everyday.
Thought my mother was beautiful in her bathing suit after nine children, everyday.
Suffered from his own weaknesses everyday.
Was tall, handsome, and strong, everyday.
Fought his own demons everyday.
Was REAL everyday.
I miss him EVERYDAY!
His life here on earth ended. But the love he gave never will! xo

8 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful tribute to someone who obviously had an equally beautiful heart. Thank you sharing this with us Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, as always, thank you! I mean that from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad would have tears in his eyes if he were here to see what you've written Shelly and would be so proud of you his daughter for loving and caring so much.....What wonderful insight for us all to share, thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really quite beautiful, he'd be proud, well I'm sure he is really!! A beautiful tribute to a very important man for you and family and those who had the honour of knowing him, and just from your words, we've gotten the honour of knowing him for the moment!! xx Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So touching and beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful and moving post.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to all of you! It means so much to have you all visit! I pray you all have loving memories, or times of healing, in regards to your dad! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad about your email, Shelly! this is my favorite post on your blog! it touched me so. warm hugs

    ReplyDelete