***GLAMOR'LUSH', FABU'LUSH', ADVENTUR'LUSH', 'LUSH'OUS STATE OF LIVING! SIMPLY 'LUSH'!***

***Identifying 'lush'ousness everyday, everywhere!***

***

'LUSH'--Luscious--richly satisfying to the senses or the mind.


Sunday, March 10, 2013

"The White House, of Nassau Bay, Texas".

My house has been named. And, rightly so. 
It's a white house. 
It's in Nassau Bay, and Texas. 
Hence, the name-
"The White House, of Nassau Bay, Texas". 
(Shortened in conversation, held in Texas, 
to "the white house of Nassau Bay".)


Updates. Much done, and MUCH TO STILL DO!!!!!
















Exterior first coat of paint. 
I have an exterior completion checklist , 
a mile long, including the landscaping.
Picture an overflow of vibrant colored flowers 
and flowering shrubs against the white-
perhaps a bay-side paradise.


















Naturally, a checklist is written for my front entrance, too.
 (Love the tiles, and the diamond panes.)

















One of my favorite rooms--as for now, 
deemed "the fireplace room". 
It was originally the family room, 
but we enclosed a two car garage 
to be a family/media room. 
And, there is a detached three car garage 
and garage apartment.

















The word is "brass is back". 
So, Craigslist-a-hunting I went.  
(We'll see how it all takes shape.)

































Love my office. Love the windows.
















One view of the kitchen (need appliances and my island).
















Formal living and dining (lacking the "WOW" factor that I am aiming for).
















Nothing is in its permanent place. I have a long road of decorating ahead of me.
The rooms need everything--light fixtures to...............OH........everything!

By the way, my camera finally decided it had served its life. I am using my phone camera for now. You cannot capture the true essence, the depth, or the correct lighting of the rooms. For that matter, the same goes for the exterior. But, for now, it will have to do.

Hope all are having a perfect weekend!! xo

12 comments:

  1. Hope to invited to the first "State Dinner", that is the "state of nassau bay, texas" dinner.
    Its more gorgeous than even imaginable even without furnishings, etc. Doing well my texas pardner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, anonymous. I will put an invitation in the mail to you. No wait, it will be formally hand delivered! LOL! And, thank you, Texas Pardner! xox

      Delete
  2. Shelly your house is BEAUTIFUL, and l love everything about it...it's fresh white exterior and pretty attic windows...Inside is just as amazing...love the parquet floors and large windows with the light streaming in...all perfectly fitting for the "White House of Nassau Bay." It's wonderful to share in your renovation journey...have a lovely lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bron, it means the world to me to have such lovely compliments being sent my way. You commented on the many facets that I, also, adore about this home. Thank you for taking the journey with me! xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous place...love the space!! The floors are stunning too. No doubt it will look super perfect when you are done with it....marvellous house :)) Have a wonderful week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Timbarika! I've got my work cut out for me, but, I am going to take it slow. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm finally back on my laptop so I can comment on this lovely, exciting post. Shelly, your house is simply architectural deliciousness. The white, the white brick, the dark wood floors, the windows, the views out your office.....simply spectacular. Just like you fresh, classic and sophisticated. You are making such progress. Yes, this is really happening. Thrilled for you my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I feel so uplifted with your comment!! Do I deserve such lovely words complimenting me and my taste? It's one of my dreams coming to reality. Thank you for your insight! Thank you. Thank you. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Twin Sister, Did I not tell you??? Your house is worthy of being posted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Twin sister!!! I am so overwhelmed with the wonderful responses that I feel like I'm dreaming!! xo

      Delete
  6. Yes...and yes...and yes!!! You are truly in the thrilling, exciting, heady phase where you are dreaming, seeing and adding everything together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the emotion behind the "Yes-es"!!! I am right there feeling it!! Thank you, again, and again, for the belief in me!! xo

      Delete