***GLAMOR'LUSH', FABU'LUSH', ADVENTUR'LUSH', 'LUSH'OUS STATE OF LIVING! SIMPLY 'LUSH'!***

***Identifying 'lush'ousness everyday, everywhere!***

***

'LUSH'--Luscious--richly satisfying to the senses or the mind.


Monday, June 7, 2010

A Converted Firehouse or Church? Hmmm.....?

It seems almost half of my life has been spent around the fire house or fire department. I admire the firefighters and the firefighters way of life. The firehouse is so central to the family they build with one another. I have always dreamed of buying a firehouse (with the poles) and converting it into a home.





























And, then, there is the thought of converting a church. When I was in college, I used to pass old churches when driving to and from school to visit home. I would fantasize about transforming these architecturally beautiful structures into an amazing home.

















Needless to say, my boys seem to favor the firehouse (with the poles)!

7 comments:

  1. I love that idea too. I've seen shows on HGTV where people have converted fire houses, old churches and storefronts to homes. I don't know if I have the imagination to actually visualize renovating one.
    There is a restaurant in Atlanta called The Abbey. It is an old church converted into a restaurant and the waiters wear monk clothing. There is a harpist playing music in the background. Such a beautiful place to have dinner. Keith and I ate there for our 3rd or 4th anniversary I think. So its been a long time ago. Enjoyed the pictures you posted.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joy. I hope to have an opportunity to visit The Abbey. Actually have family members in Atlanta, and have always wanted to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an old one-room schoolhouse for sale down the street that I wish we could afford. It's already been converted into a home, but it has those nifty little quirks of architecture that make historical 'other use' structures so interesting as dwellings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure need to hop over to my place!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, I started thinking about The Abbey more and more so I decided to google it. It converted back to a Presbyterian church a couple of years ago so the restaurant no longer exist. I'm glad there is a congregation there now. It really was a great dining experience. fyi, ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Joy, thank you for the update on the Abbey. I am happy too that, at least it was preserved and refurbished to be a place of worship!

    Thank you for having interest in my "old simple" home. I will share more as time goes on. This whole blogging process is a huge change for me in that I am sharing more of myself than I have EVER allowed. I thank God for the wonderful connections I have made to find trust. So.......with that....as I grow I will expose more of my life/home/kids/happenings and all! I SO love seeing beautiful lives that share, and I want to be a part of that! Thank you, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly,

    Thank you for your prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete