***GLAMOR'LUSH', FABU'LUSH', ADVENTUR'LUSH', 'LUSH'OUS STATE OF LIVING! SIMPLY 'LUSH'!***

***Identifying 'lush'ousness everyday, everywhere!***

***

'LUSH'--Luscious--richly satisfying to the senses or the mind.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Weekend Hop for A Great Cause!

Headed out first thing in the morning for a weekend trip to Miami for the Nautica's South Beach Triathlon, raising funds for St. Judes Research Hospital! My dad was an avid supporter of St. Judes, and it is very important to my sons to continue his efforts. My oldest is a participant in the triathlon.
                                                               via tumblr
 He has been supported generously by so many wonderfully giving friends, family members, and work associates. His fundraising page states "My Grandfather , before he passed from cancer himself, supported, donated, and adored St Jude. I want to continue in his unselfish ways. He would always tell me that nothing is ever as bad as you think it is. And if I'm feeling sorry for myself, take a step back, and admire the strength, courage, and faith of these children. These children deserve love just as much as any other child." I am supporting his efforts, just as I did my father's.

 So, I will be on a quick trip, but so happy to be doing so! I didn't have much time to give to blogging and commenting this week, so that I could wrap up work and organize home before taking off. But, I will be in touch with you all next week! Have a great weekend!




God bless! xo


12 comments:

  1. Have a blessed trip. Enjoy this time with your sons...It's going to be a beautiful weekend for you. And...give that Godchild of mine a huge hug, and tell him I love him! Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! I hope you have a marvelous trip and good luck to your son!! What a wonderful spirit. I think giving to these causes is so important and bring awareness!!Love and blessings to you all!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Timbarika! It is so important to give, and especially for children! xo

      Delete
  3. Aunt Shelly, please take me with you! I am so proud of Parks for following in Peeps' footsteps. He would be so proud of him! I know that he is and will be looking down on him from heaven for the race on sunday! Tell Parks I said good luck! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsy! Love you too from both of us! xo

      Delete
  4. What a touching post. Your son sounds just as wonderful as your dad. I am sure he would have been so proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doreen! I am blessed that my son has placed the same importance on giving, especially to the children. And, yes, my dad would have been smiling ear to ear! Your comment REALLY touches me! I almost hit a stumbling block in trying to respond!

      Delete
  5. Hi Shelly~What a fantastic event for you and your son to support and share together. The pictures really capture the spirit and passion of such a cause. I lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago and life is forever changed so I most definitely understand. What a gift to be able to support and give back in such a meaningful way. I agree with Doreen. Your dad would be so proud of you both. Blessings on Easter!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! It's been 7 years since my dad passed from leukemia and it still hurts! But, it feels wonderful to carry on a legacy! I am so grateful for your support and I pray for your comfort from your loss! Blessings to you too on Easter!

      Delete
  6. You are a gem Shelly! You share your hope and faith wherever you are.
    So happy to know you! Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling is mutual, Heather! : )

      Delete