***GLAMOR'LUSH', FABU'LUSH', ADVENTUR'LUSH', 'LUSH'OUS STATE OF LIVING! SIMPLY 'LUSH'!***

***Identifying 'lush'ousness everyday, everywhere!***

***

'LUSH'--Luscious--richly satisfying to the senses or the mind.


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday Jumble.

While on a quick trip through one of the very local junk stores, I spotted this little (well, more like volleyball size) bird! I could not pass it up! It made me smile. I had to have it. It was a couple of dollars, which made it a bit easier to decide. (Haven't found it's "home" quite yet, but at least it's home with me.)








I never really post any projects that I complete. And, I can't actually show all of this one, but I thought I'd share just a peak. My oldest son's apartment in Manhattan needed just a slight mother's touch. While he has extremely great taste, I seem to have the steadier hand in painting (no mess, no drip, quick). So, one evening while we cooked dinner and had his friends hanging out (which is a joy for me), I painted. I know this isn't the entire project, but........you get the idea! (Simple) Paint, color, and accents make a difference. (Oh,  it sounds as though I worked while they played, but you'd have to know the whole story on how I, and my boys, work, together. Not gonna bore you with that, but "it" works.)







May not be anyone other than my color choices, color mixes, and textures, but here's a bit of what I'm playing with this month. 



Ok...........had my fun. Now, I gotta get back to work. Happy Tuesday! xo


12 comments:

  1. The hallway looks great, Love that colour :) And the mirror is marvelous! I think it looks far better!! And your little find is precious!! I hope you continue to have a super week :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is called "Peaceful Night". Definitely feels peaceful when you are surrounded by it. And, my little bird is precious, isn't she? Hope your week is super too! xo

      Delete
  2. Can 'Fiore Blu Bird' come live with me?...
    That is one adorable bird, and I can see why it came home with you...
    Love it!!!
    And, excuse me, but where is this local junk store you speak of? Inquiring minds need to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the name you gave the bird! And, sorry, I love her too much! She is adorable for sure.

      Catch a ride with me soon and I will take you on a junk store, flea market, antique mall tour. xo

      Delete
  3. Shelly your blue bird is awesome and the fact that it's volleyball size is even better....also it's fantastic what you've done with your son's apartment and the colour choice is perfect...l really love the white trims...what a terrific mum you are....which reminds me, have a wonderful mothers day coming up on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bron, as all of us, we work hard to be good moms. And, "good" embodies all sorts of things for each mom and her child or children, right? We do what we love, and what we have to do, because we love! I love the blue. It reminded me of him when I was shopping for it, so it was a perfect match. Happy Mother's Day to you too! xo

      Delete
  4. Fab foyer! That's a great blue.
    Your relationship with your sons is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment of "fab foyer". That's a great rating. And, so far, the consensus is that it is a great blue! xo

      Delete
  5. Oh Shelly-I love it! You did a fantastic job. The color adds such sophistication to the space. He's lucky to have such a fun and talented mom! :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! I'm blessed to be a mom. And, I'm grateful I can show a bit of talent, although I'm not sure how much I actually have. lol!

      Delete
  6. Very nice, what a difference a little bit of paint makes. Always makes things more homey to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using white, but there are those times in which color will definitely make the difference. This was one of those times! :)

      Delete